Get Premier Representation From A DUI Attorney With A Reputation For Results
A DUI specialist, Mark Scruggs knows how successfully defend DUI charges. He is committed to staying ahead of the prosecution through uncovering any procedural errors, contradictory evidence or violations of your civil rights. Mr. Scruggs ability to challenge the evidence obtained against you helps him develop an effective defense strategy. In your time of need, obtain a lawyer who has a record of obtaining results.
Woodbine DUI Lawyer
If you have been arrested for drunk driving anywhere in the Nashville area, you owe it to yourself to get the advice of a knowledgeable Woodbine DUI Lawyer as soon as possible. The fines, license suspension and increased insurance rates that may result from a DUI arrest can together represent a much greater expense for you than an attorney’s fee.
Possible DUI Charges – Woodbine DUI Lawyer
- First-offense DUI: Contrary to what many believe, nearly 80 percent of our first offender clients’ cases are resolved without a DUI conviction.
- Underage DUI: Alleged juvenile DUI offenders face unique challenges when facing such charges. We are prepared to respond to those challenges.
- Felony DUI: These are serious charges that require urgent attention. Felony charges include DUI causing an injury or a fourth offense within 10 years.
- DUI involving drugs, whether prescription drugs or banned substances (“street drugs”), carries the same penalties as DUI involving alcohol.
- Multiple DUI charges will result in higher penalties based on how many times you have been previously convicted. We are often successful in minimizing statutory jail sentences by seeking treatment options.
- DUI involving an accident causing property damage, injury and/or death requires a knowledgeable, experienced defense attorney. This is as serious as it gets, involving the possibility of state prison, so it is important to hire a diligent and skilled lawyer.
- Boating under the influence of alcohol or drugs can have the same negative consequences as driving a vehicle while intoxicated.
Possible DUI Defenses
Although it is never easy to beat a DUI charge in Tennessee, you probably have a stronger defense than you think. In order to expand your options for a positive outcome, our law firm seeks to determine any procedural or civil rights violations, including:
- Why did the arresting officer pull you over?
- Was there a field sobriety test?
- Was there probable cause to support the DUI arrest?
- How was the breathalyzer at the police station administered?
- Are there inconsistencies between the police report and the criminal complaint?
There are hundreds of possible police errors, and they can add up to reduce your charges. Depending on the facts of your misdemeanor or felony DUI case, Mark Scruggs can concentrate on seeking a dismissal based on any violation of your constitutional rights or a reduction based on other errors or mistakes by law enforcement.
Woodbine DUI Lawyer
There is Only One Attorney You Want In Middle Tennessee--Mark Scruggs
"If you ever find you need a knowledgeable lawyer, then you need to call Mark Scruggs. Don't waste your time looking around, call the best."
Mark Scruggs Knows How To Win. And He's Been Doing It For A Long Time.
When it comes to criminal defense, experience and talent can mean the difference between a favorable outcome for you and a guilty verdict.
A strong defense against criminal charges requires an exhaustive investigation of the evidence and a familiarity with the nuances of police procedures, criminal trials and negotiation with the prosecution. Mark Scruggs is certified as a specialist in criminal law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He has been defending against state and federal criminal charges in complex and difficult cases for decades.
He has earned a reputation as a top criminal defense attorney in Middle Tennessee through hard work and a fierce desire to obtain the best outcome possible for every client.
Antioch DUI Attorney
Begin Protecting Your Future With A Free Consultation
A criminal conviction can have drastic consequences. Your life, family, career and reputation are at stake. Start protecting your rights and your future by calling 615-244-5432 or reaching us online here. Located in Nashville, Tennessee, we represent criminal defendants throughout Davidson County and statewide.